Thursday, September 27, 2007

Do I still have any readers? ~~ And, I've been tagged!

Well, I know it's been a long time since I posted. Only 2 posts in the last month. Sorry to let you down fellow bloggers. Hopefully I still have some faithful readers that will come back to check and see if I will ever post again.

As an update from my last post, my Dad did come through his shoulder surgery with flying colors and is recovering nicely.

~~~~~
TAGGED
Well, along with the rest of you I have been tagged twice. So here it is - interesting or not.

1. I have a wonderful husband that I met at Youth Challenge 1999. We dated for 5 1/2 months and then became engaged. We then were engaged for 6 months. We got married 2 weeks before Youth Challenge 2000 and went back as a married couple.

2. I have an Associates Degree and worked in Insurance for 8 years. I am now doing what my hearts dream has always been. A "Mommy" and I get to be a stay-at-home Mom. I love my daughter and certainly couldn't live without her. We want more children as God sees fit, since Lindsey is a miracle child. If Lindsey is our one and only I will still be forever grateful for being blessed with her.

3. I lived in the same house my entire life until I got married. We then had a rented condo for 1 year and then we bought the house that we live in now, which will be 6 years ago this November.

4. I love the change in seasons, but fall is definitely my favorite. I love the cool, crisp breezes and getting to pull those cozy sweaters out that have been in storage for several months. To sit down by the fireplace, with a hot drink is so much fun.

5. I would rather be with family than anybody else. They are priceless. Both sides, my side and my husbands side. I have 6 nieces and nephews - total from both sides.

6. I would like to think that I would become a scrap-booker some day :) I have the book I want to start with and lots of paper, printed pictures, etc. but never have i started it. My biggest drawback is having a place to set it up. I could never leave it out with Lindsey around.

7. I have two older brothers. They are 9 and 11 years older than me.

Shewww!!! It's done. That's been hanging over my head for several days as I have been reading everyone elses tagged 7 items. (Sorry, but I think I'll be a party pooper and not tag other people, most everyone has been tagged by now.)
~~~~~
Lindsey is now 20 month and getting more honery by the minute. She's starting to try and talk more. Not a quick talker, but she's getting there. She's been calling me Mama since way back, but yesterday she started calling me "Mommy" and... she hasn't stopped. She never called me Mama like she calls me Mommy. She hasn't stopped saying it, or so it seems. A million times already in the last 48 hours. How crazy, but oh, so cute! Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy! Over and over! She also started saying her own name in the last week or so, but not very clear and not quite as often.

My in-laws bought her a swing set a couple of months ago and she has always loved to swing, basically avoiding the slide. Well, we went out there last week to swing, or so I thought and she ended up mastering the whole slide thing. She needs no help from me. She climbs right up those big steps and some how manages to get those feet out from underneath of her and slide right down the slide. All the while, I am watching very closely from my lawn chair. Like I have said so many times before, Where did the baby go? She's not even 2 yet and there's no fear in her when it comes to that slide. Needless to say, I was quite proud of her.
~~~~~
Time for some pics for those who are asking - WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?

The Cincinnati Museum Center at the Union Terminal had free admission last Friday evening so Jonathan and I took Lindsey to the Children's Museum. We also went to the other two museums that are there for a little bit as well. We then watched at the OmniMax there at the Union Terminal - The ALPS! Wow, that was really good. One of the very, very, best that I have seen. Ranks up there with the Grand Canyon imax film, in my opinion.
Click on the picture below for more pictures.

Cincinnati Museum Center
Last Saturday was our Church Fall Picnic. It was a lot of fun and Lindsey really enjoyed the hay ride.
Click on the picture below for more pictures.
Church Fall Picnic
This past Tuesday we met my in-laws 1/2 way between our homes and had an enjoyable time eating out and spending some time together. We hadn't seen them in about a month. Also a few pics of Lindsey playing outside on her swing set in her PJ's earlier that day.
Click on the picture below for more pictures.
Misc. Sep 07

I am certainly enjoying this fall weather and am trying to do something fun every weekend for Sep and Oct to enjoy the fun fall festive activities. We went to the Lebanon, OH Country Applefest for about an hour last Saturday and that was really neat, but had to leave to go to the picnic. A few weeks ago we went to the Clinton County Corn Festival. Very small, but fun and festive. Enjoyed the good corn on the cob. This Saturday we are going to some friends for a cookout and I'm taking scrumptious homemade carmel and apples. I would also like to think that we could fit a camping trip weekend in there as well. Camping when it's not so hot is much better than a mid summer camp out. Enjoy your fall festivities and hopefully the weather will decide to cooperate soon and cool down so it seems more like "Fall" :) Have a great weekend!

Well, hopefully that has helped in making up for my lack of blogging. I am still hear - kicking and breathing. I'm usually just so busy reading everyone else's :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missed you. Glad you're back.

Becky said...

I check your blog daily, and was wondering when you would post again. Fall is my favorite season as well. Glad you are back to blogging:)

Katie and the boys said...

I enjoyed reading/looking at your blog! I was almost finised when Michael asked "see Lindsey on vacation." I don't know why he thought you were on vacation but he did. So, I go the priveledge of looking at your pictures twice!!

sankey family said...

I missed your blog posts - glad you hear from your world again.
Miss you,
Melodie