Friday, April 27, 2007


It has now been 3 days since Jonathan's accident. He could be worse and he could be better. I think he is improving, but he's still has plenty of aches and pains. The ONLY good thing that is coming out of the accident is that we will no longer have just a 2 door car. We are hoping to get a mini van, but no purchase has been made yet.

On the bad side, guess what? Lindsey is sick again. She took the last of her antibiotic on Sunday and I just quit giving her cold and cough medicine for the last time on Tuesday. Two healthy days go by, Wednesday and Thursday, and she's sick again. Late Thursday night after midnight I thought Lindsey felt warm, so I took her temperature. Under arm temp was 101.9 and you add a degree when it's taken that way so basically it was a tenth away from being 103. I promptly gave her a pain and fever reducer medicine and I'm sure we'll be off to the doctor Friday morning. I have a hunch that the ear infection never was truly gone. She has only had one other ear infection and that was when she was 5 months and she had to have a double dose of antibiotics that time as well. I'll keep you posted.

The good news. Lizzi, my niece who is Jonathan's sisters daughter, is better. She went to the doctor on Wednesday and they reported clear lungs. She finished her last iv through the pick line at home on Thursday afternoon and the nurse comes Friday morning to remove the pick line.

Noah, who is Lizzi's brother, is walking everywhere now. I can't wait to see all of them again. He just turned 11 months this past Sunday. We are planning to go over to Indiana in about 4 weeks for his 1st Birthday Party, but right now that seems a long time away. We haven't seen them in what seems a long time.

Reporting in: The Brian Snelling Family has landed on home soil. They flew to Mexico last Friday to visit the Marc Sankey Family, who are missionaries in Salamanca, Mexico.

Brian is my brother, for any of you who might not have known. Anyways, they had a great time. Thursday morning started early for them and they left the Sankeys home in Salamanca at 9:30 a.m. After a fog delay in Chicago they landed in Cleveland Ohio a little before 1 a.m. on Friday morning. They then decided to head on for home instead of staying at a motel because their own beds sounded much better. I just spoke with Brian a few minutes ago around 4 a.m. and they were approximately 80 miles from home. Thank God for a safe trip. We're glad you're home :)

Sorry to disappoint you, but no pictures this posting. Have a great weekend.


Anonymous said...

A new post is fun whether there is pictures or not. Thanks for the update. I can't wait to hear about Brian and Janella's trip. Is Jonathan able to work?
Love, Martha G

Jenn said...

I hope Lindsey is better soon! I think our girls are just swapping sickness around. Hope they both get better soon and stay that way for a very long time! Also, glad to hear Brian and Janella made it home safe and sound.

Tamra said...

I'm glad to hear Brian & Janella made it this least 80 miles from last update. I'm sure they are sleeping in and appreciating their own beds.

Rebekah said...

Glad to hear that Jonathan is doing ok. Poor Lindsey!!! Those ear infections are horrible!!! Hope to hear that everyone is feeling good soon!!!