Thursday, May 3, 2007

A few tidbits...

Hello! I have no great news to tell, but here I am to say hello to all. I've put some pictures on my blog recently of some specific events, but I went through some recent miscellaneous pics and have posted them for you to see.

I love the one of Lindsey playing with her doll house. It was about a week ago and I had just given her a bath. She received the doll house for Christmas but never really played with it. She went behind the couch by the back door to where a lot of her toys are and started trying to pick it up and pull it out by herself. I came to the rescue and helped her get it out. She absolutely loves it. She sat there for a good while all by herself playing with it. It is so fun to watch her develop and see her gaining new skills in life. She was babbling little sounds and having what appeared to be a great imagination with the Little People that go with the doll house. Soooo funn to watch her grow and develop into my little toddler girl. I also like the pics of Katrin and Lindsey playing with the refrigerator.

Please pray for my mother-in-law, Brinda. She is having very major ear surgery this Friday. It will be very extensive and she will be off work for three weeks.

I haven't mentioned my Mom in a while, but she still has not recovered from her shoulder replacement surgery she had on February 2nd. She can not lift her arm above her waist under her own strength at all. She went to the doctor last week for another follow up. He said that he would have an EMG, nerve test, done on it in a month if there is still no more improvement. The problems could be from the nerve block she had for pain, but we don't know that at this point for sure. It is her deltoid muscle that is not working at all. He did give her the hope that she could still see some drastic improvement in the 6, 8, 12 month post op time period. Right now she is 3 months post op. Please remember her in your prayers as well.

Good news! My Dad went back to the cardiologist on Wednesday and he is officially back on Amiodarone, the medicine that will help with his Atrial Fibrillation. This is a common heart rhythm problem. During atrial fibrillation, the heart's two upper chambers (the atria) beat irregularly or out of coordination with the two lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart. He has had this problem for nearly 10 years and had it under control with medication. Earlier this year his previous cardiologist took him off of the medicine. He went to another cardiologist and had to go through a blood thinning process before he could go back on the medicine that he was removed from. He has basically been out of commission for two months, but we hope this is light at the end of the tunnel.

Until next time... Enjoy the pics!
Click on the picture below for more pictures.

Misc April pics

3 comments:

The Going Blog said...

Thanks for the Aunt and Uncle update. So does Uncle Jerry not have to have that procedure done again that shocks his heart? I sure hope not. I love diaper baby pics. Lindsey is a perfect size..not skinny and not fat. You can tell she loves life and playing with her G-pa

Angie D said...

Okay, you're making me want a girl just a bit. :)

Martha C said...

The doll house pictures are adorable!